||Medtronic: Pre-conference Workshop
||BARD: Evening Symposium
||Biotronik Lunch Symposium: "Application of Close
Loop Stimulation for Rate Adaptation, Cognitive Function
and Heart Failure"
||St. Jude Medical: Lunch Symposium
||St. Jude Medical: AF Symposium
||Guidant: Case Demonstration
||Medtronic: Evening Symposium
I. How-to Sessions (with video presentations)
Cardiac Pacing: Tips and Tricks for Device Implantation
- How to achieve alternative atrial site pacing?
- How to achieve alternative ventricular site pacing?
- Pearls and Pitfalls of device replacement and upgrade
Atrial Fibrillation Ablation: Improving Clinical Success
- How to prepare the patient and perform transeptal puncture
- How to select ablation strategies and endpoints?
- What are the roles of advanced mapping and ablation techniques?
Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy: How to Get There?
- How to select suitable candidates for CRT?
- Tips and tricks to increase implant success rate
- How to optimize patient response to CRT?
ICD: Who, What and How?
- Who needs an ICD?
- What ICD to implant?
- How to implant ICD and perform DFT testing?
II. Practical Tutorials
Guidelines for Arrhythmias Management
- Atrial fibrillation
- SVT, including Wolff-Parkinson White Syndrome
- Sudden Death in Young Adult
Understanding Device Malfunction (Case based tutorial)
- Why do Leads Fail?
- Why do Generators Fail?
- How to Detect and Manage Device malfunction?
Risk Assessment of SCD (Case based tutorial)
- Genetic testing
- Electrophysiological study
- Non-invasive methods
Syncope (Case based tutorial)
- Update of Syncope Guidelines
- Current Role of Tilt-Table Test
- Diagnostic Challenges- POTS, Orthostatic hypotension and Inappropriate
Management of Genetic Heart Rhythm Disease (Case based tutorial)
- Understanding Genetic Testing
- Long and Short QT Syndrome
- Brugada and Variants
- Idiopathic VT/VF
- SCD in Asia
- Pacing and ICD Survey in Asia
I. Atrial Fibrillation
- New Risk Factors for Atrial Fibrillation
- The Genetic Basis for Atrial Fibrillation
- Rate versus Rhythm - New Guidelines
- Evolving Rate Control Strategies
- New Antiarrhythmic Agents
- Upstream Therapy
- Growing Problem of Asymptomatic Atrial Fibrillation
- Anti-thromboembolic Treatment - Drugs and Devices
II. Heart Failure
- Epidemiology of CHF
- Pharmacologic Management of CHF 2007: State of the Art
- CHF Not Secondary to Systolic Dysfunction
- Overview of Clinical Trials in CRT
- ICD Therapy in CHF
- Atrial Arrhythmias in CHF: Incidence and Management
- Acorn and Similar Devices for CHF Management: Status and Potential
- Left Ventricular Assist Device: Destination Therapy or Stand-Alone
Therapy or New Horizons of CHF Management
III. Sudden Cardiac Death
- Are Current ICD's Trials Adequate?
- The Heart Failure Candidate
- Non Invasive Means for Patient Selection
- Sudden Death in Young Adults
- Cost-efficacy Analysis
IV. Catheter Ablation
- 20 Years of RF Ablation for SVT
- Pitfall in Mapping and Ablation of Focal Atrial Tachycardia
- Catheter Ablation of Atypical Atrial Flutter
- Image of Atrium and PV in Ablation of Atrial Arrhythmias
- Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation - Long Term Results
- Frequency Analysis, Fractionated Electrograms, and Rotors for Ablation
of Atrial Fibrillation
- Ablation of Idiopathic VT and VF
- Ablation of VT in Structural Heart Disease
V. New Technology and Imaging
- Update of Magnetic Navigation
- Update of Robotic Navigation
- New Applications of Intracardiac Echocardiography (ICE)
- Image Integration for Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation
- Novel Applications of Percutaneous Pericardial Instrumentation
- Advances in Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation: New Energy Sources
- Gene Therapy for Arrhythmias
- Advances in Antiarrhythmic Drugs
VI. New Devices
- The Role of the Steerable Catheter in Pacing Implants
- The Current Status of Transvenous Left Ventricular Lead Technology
- The Evolving ICD Lead
- The Shrinking Defibrillator
- Minimal Ventricular Pacing Algorithms
- The Fully Automatic Pacemaker
- Remote Device Follow Up
- The Future of Implantable Monitors for Heart Failure
- CRT Implant
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation
- Epicardial Ablation
- Lead Extraction